Assistant Recovery Worker
Assistant Recovery Worker
Community Day Rehab, Portsmouth
Full time, Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
Fixed term for twelve months
Salary £15,568 per annum (pay award pending)
The Society of St James (SSJ) delivers high impact, person-centred, services to people experiencing homelessness, substance misuse and mental health problems. The people we support are at the heart of everything we do, our main aim and priority is to find people with values, behaviours and attitudes to match our own.
We run a rehab service based in Portsmouth. The program is 12 weeks and is designed for clients who wish to address their drug/alcohol use, whilst remaining in their local community.
We base our support approach around the ACT model and offer a variety of interventions. These include; ACT groups, Mindfulness-based practices and one to one sessions, as well as arts and crafts, education, Pilates and Tai Chi.
Responsibilities will include; co-facilitation of groups, with the aim of facilitating in the future, providing one to ones and offering emotional support to clients. Helping run a busy open plan service including; answering phones and helping provide lunches for clients. Keeping daily records of client’s welfare within the team and a database system. You will also be required to take clients to appointments or support them to arrange appointments, and organising off-site activities.
Essential experience and knowledge required
The candidate will have;
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to build healthy relationships with the client group
- Ability to keep accurate and timely client records
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to the needs of clients
- An enthusiastic approach to change
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities and its impact on working with clients and potential clients the clients
- A good level of self-awareness
- A Gold Investors in People Employer
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus public holidays
- Flexible working options
- Buying additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Counselling, financial, personal support and health and wellbeing services via our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter explaining how you think you meet the Essential Criteria.
Closing Date: 26/04/19
Interview Date: 08/05/19
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.