Communications and Social Media Officer
PR/Communications and Social Media Officer (Permanent)
Fundraising Department, Southampton
15 Hours/week, working pattern (flexible), Salary 22-26 (£21,602 – £24,466 Pro Rata)
The Society of St James (SSJ) delivers high impact, person-centred, accommodation services to people experiencing homelessness, substance misuse and mental health problems. The people we support are at the heart of everything we do, our main aim and priority is to find people with values, behaviours and attitudes to match our own.
The Communications and Social Media Officer will take ownership of our digital marketing activity. They will execute our external communications strategy and plans for donor engagement through our social media and other online platforms to enhance the brand and reputation of SSJ and increase donor income. Key responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to ensure that the work of SSJ is promoted effectively through social media and other online platforms.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of presentation in relation to all online marketing and communications SSJ uses to promote its activities and increase income.
- Manage the SSJ website to ensure that it is continuously updated and refreshed, maintaining the organisation’s message about its work and ethos.
You should be experienced in PR and marketing and be competent using key IT packages and in developing content for online and social media platforms. Key skills will include attention to detail, ability to work on own initiative and excellent copywriting and communication skills. Ideally, you will have some prior knowledge about homelessness or substance misuse.
What we can offer you in return
- A Gold Investors in People Employer
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus public holidays
- Flexible working options
- Buying additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter explaining how you think you are the ideal candidate.
Closing Date: 1st July 2019 Interview Date: 8th July 2019
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.