Salary: £19,179.00 to £21,760.00 /year
37 hours per week
The Family Support Project is an innovative new service which will work with families to reduce the impact of alcohol on children of alcohol-dependent parents. SSJ is looking to recruit a team of Family Workers to deliver this work and a comprehensive induction and training package will be offered to successful candidates.
The role of the Family Worker is to provide a mixture of individual and group interventions with parents, carers, children and young people up to the thresholds for social care involvement to improve outcomes for children and families affected by alcohol dependence. Family Workers will work in partnership with parents/carers to strengthen parental capacity and family relationships and to increase parental engagement in their local community and in their children’s education.
- You will have experience of working with families and/or substance misuse and will have an understanding of child development and the impact of parental alcohol use on children and the wider family.
- You will have some experience of multi-agency work, including with schools and other universal services.
- It is essential that you have a good understanding of child safeguarding protocols in Portsmouth and are able to identify when children may meet the threshold for tier 3 and 4 children’s services.
What we can offer you in return
- A Gold Investors in People Employer
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus public holidays
- Flexible working options
- Buying additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter explaining how you think you have the skills, ability and experience for this role.
For an informal chat about this post, please contact Louise Bolton or Anna Jackson at The Recovery Hub on 023 9229 4573
**There will be no closing date for this post and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Successful candidates will be invited to interview.**