Who we are
Our website address is: http://ssj.org.uk.
Our Commitment to you:
- We will only collect information that is relevant
- We will use your personal information fairly and only use it for the purposes for which it has been given to us
- We will make sure your information is updated when you tell us about any changes
- We will not hold your information for any longer than necessary
- We will make it easy for you to exercise your rights under the law
How we collect your personal data:
We collect information from you when you make a donation to support our work, join a campaign, respond to an appeal, offer your support as a volunteer, purchase any services from us and when you complete any online form on the SSJ website. This helps us to understand which of our activities are of most interest to our supporters.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your personal data:
- We use your information in the ways that you would expect:
- To provide you with the information or service you have requested.
- For administration purposes.
- To share information with you about our charitable aims, campaigns and fundraising activities.
- We may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, and new services that we think may be of interest to you.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations .
- (for Gift Aid purposes we are required by HMRC to keep data related to your donation for six years after the tax year in which the donation was made).
We never disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes, however we may need to disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.