Work for us
Working for SSJ is interesting and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! We are extremely proud to hold the GOLD Investors in People Award, reflecting our commitment to ensuring that our diverse staff team is provided with opportunities to develop and gain new skills and experiences, and that they are empowered to use their skills and knowledge to benefit the people we support.
We are also extremely proud that many of our staff, including some at management level, have their own lived experience of homelessness and substance misuse, who are now using their own experiences to help people in our services achieve their goals.
‘Why Work for SSJ?’
We are a value-based organisation – we value our staff and support them as much as we can to develop and flourish. We are a friendly, pro-active and non-judgemental organisation, whose values are firmly embedded in respecting all people, recognising each person’s unique talents and abilities and responding to change and risks with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
You will have opportunities to undertake training in a wide range of subjects, gain new experiences, develop your skills, but most of all, be actively involved in helping vulnerable people change their lives for the better. There is no better reward than this!
As an Investors in People Gold employer, we recognise that our staff are our greatest assets. We offer great benefits:
- A competitive annual leave entitlement of 25 days rising to 30 days, plus public holidays
- Flexible working options
- Buying additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Counselling, financial, personal support and health and wellbeing services via our Employee Assistance Programme
- Company ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers
- Pension scheme provided through the Pension’s Trust
SSJ believes that every human being is of worth and is worthy of respect. Our response to individuals is based on their current circumstances and needs. We are prepared to take risks in order to house and support the most vulnerable and socially excluded members of our society.
Our values are broken down into 3 core areas:
- Respect– valuing and respecting communities, individuals, colleagues and resources.
- Response– responding proactively to change, opportunities, risks and challenges.
- Recognition– recognising individual’s strengths and assets and helping them to reach their full potential.
We are fully committed to promoting Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our Competency Framework, highly commended by Investors in People, which we use in our recruitment process and ongoing performance management, identifies specific competencies that staff are required to demonstrate. As well as being able to demonstrate the experience, knowledge and abilities required for the role, all staff are required to demonstrate the core competencies in the framework. Staff in management and supervisory roles are also required to demonstrate additional management competencies.
Core Competencies – All staff are required to:
- Be open and approachable
- Be honest and fair
- Be willing to listen to and share ideas
- Be a team player
- Be able to use own initiative to make decisions and be accountable for them
- Find constructive ways to deal with conflict
- Be able to build trusting relationships with colleagues, service users and other stakeholders
- Be aware of own behaviour, maintain professional boundaries at all times and demonstrate self-awareness at all levels.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to the values and ethos of the organisation
- Be able to use IT systems and email effectively.
- Be able to communicate effectively in all ways with other people.
Assistant Project Worker
Portsmouth, Hampshire | Part-time | Salary: £16,687.00 /year
Maintenance Co-ordinator, part time 22 hours
Southampton, Hampshire | Part-time | Salary: £20,317.00 to £22,965.00 /year
Relief Operational Security Worker
Aldershot, Hampshire | Temporary | Salary: £9.00 /hour
To apply for a position, please send us a CV stating the position you are applying for with a covering letter using the Role Profile to explain why you are suitable for this role. Please send this to email@example.com